Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a funded health insurance scheme, launched in August 2018 by Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The objective of this scheme is to provide an insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary health care for poor families. The scheme was launched simultaneously in 445 districts in 30 states of India.
- Name of the scheme Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY)
- Started – September 2018
- Purpose of the Scheme – provide free treatment to poor people
- Benefits of the scheme – Health insurance up to 5 lakhs
- Beneficiaries of the scheme – Financially weak people
- Official website – https://www.pmjay.gov.in
- Provides hospitalization cover of up to ₹ 5,00,000 per family per year.
- More than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (about 50 crore beneficiaries) will get benefits across the country.
- No formal nomination process is required.
- According to the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data, the occupational category, identifying poor, deprived rural households and urban labor families, will cover both rural and urban.
- In addition, under the National Health Insurance Scheme (RSBY), all enrolled families who do not provide access to targeted groups according to SECC data will also be included.
- All family members will get benefit, there is no age limit.
- Free treatment will be available in all public and private (private) hospitals.
- Cashless and paperless processes for quality health care services.
- Pre-existing diseases will also be covered in this.
- First of all, you should visit the website of the scheme mera.pmjay.gov.in.
- Now there will be an option to fill the mobile number and captcha code on this page. In which fill your mobile number and captcha.
- After this, click on the Generet OTP button.
- A one-time password will come in your mobile and fill it in the space provided.
- Now select your state in the page that appears before you.
- After that, you have to select the category in which you can select any of the given options. You will have to enter the details of each category you select.
- After that click on search button.
- If you will be the beneficiary of this scheme then your complete details will be revealed.
- First of all the beneficiaries will have to visit the official website of the scheme. Home page will open in front of you first.
- On the home page, you will see Search Hospitals, click on it. A new page will open in front of you.
- On this page, you have to select some information like State, District, Hospital Type, Specialty, Hospitals Name etc. After filling all the information, click on the Search button.
- If you click on the Search button, a list of hospitals will appear in front of you. Along with this, you will get information about the hospital’s phone number, email and all the facilities which are given.
What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PM-JAY)?
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PM-JAY) is a pioneering initiative of Prime Minister Modi to ensure that poor and vulnerable population is provided health cover. This initiative is part of the Government’s vision to ensure that its citizens – especially the poor and vulnerable groups have universal access to good quality hospital services without anyone having to face financial hardship as a consequence of using health services.
What benefits are available under PM-JAY?
PM-JAY provides an insurance cover upto Rs 5 lakh per family, per year for secondary and tertiary hospitalization. All pre-existing conditions are covered from day 1 of implementation of PM-JAY in respective States/UTs.
What health services are available under PM-JAY?
The health services covered under the programme include hospitalization expenses, day care surgeries, follow-up care, pre and post hospitalization expense benefits and new born child/children services. The comprehensive list of services is available on the website.
What is the enrolment process? Is there any time period for enrolment?
PM-JAY is an entitlement based mission. There is no enrolment process. Families who are identified by the government on the basis of deprivation and occupational criteria using the SECC database both in rural and urban areas are entitled for PM-JAY.