Aadhaar card is now required as an important document instead. In such a situation, it is very important to be with Aadhaar at all times and for this, you can use the mAadhaar app. Which is a government app and is available for Android phone users. This app has been developed by UIADI and apart from saving the details of your Aadhaar card, you can also update Aadhaar.
If you want to update your address or phone number in Aadhaar then there is no need to go anywhere for that, only by using the mAadhaar app you can make this change in seconds. Let’s know how to change your address and phone number using mAadhaar from home.
How to update address and phone number in Aadhaar card step by step guide
- First of all, you have to download the mAadhaar app on your smartphone. Which is available for free downloading on Google Play Store.
- After downloading the mAadhaar app, install it and open it when the process is complete.
- After this, Welcome to mAadhaar will appear on the screen of the smartphone. Here, after selecting the language as per your convenience, click on Continue.
- After this, you will be asked to register the mobile number, after entering it, tap on Next. Enter an OTP on the mobile number given by you and click on the Submit button.
- After clicking the submit button, click on Register my Aadhaar. After this your Aadhaar will be registered in the app and you will have to enter a 4 digit PIN. After confirming the PIN, the Aadhaar number will be sought.
- Then an OTP will appear on your registered mobile number. After entering it, click on Verify. As soon as you click on Verify, your Aadhaar card and some options will appear at the top.
Process to update address in mAadhaar (Aadhar card mein address change)
- To update the address, click on Services from the bottom four options in the app Services, My Aadhaar Enrolment Center, More. Where to tap on Update Address Online from the options given below.
- After entering the Aadhaar number, enter the security captcha and tap on the request OTP given below. Enter the OTP on the register mobile number and click on Verify.
- After this you will be asked how to update your address. For which the option of via Address Proof and via Secret Code will be available. From this you tap via Address Proof. Then fill your address details and preview it to see if there will be any mistake.
- Then you will be asked for address proof which should be scanned and submit. After this, click on the button of Verify. Just a few days, your address will be updated and a new Aadhaar card will arrive.
Aadhar card address change status
- First of all, go to the official website https://uidai.gov.in/
- On the homepage, the option of “Check Aadhaar update status” will appear in the section of My Aadhaar, click on it.
- Enter enrolment ID and fill the captcha code.
- After that click on the check status button.