Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2021: The central government scheme Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was launched for the future financial security of daughters and has become very popular in a short time. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana) run by the Government of India for daughters is very popular due to the better returns. But recently, the Union Finance Ministry has changed many of its provisions, about which you need to know.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 was launched by the Prime Minister of our country Shri Narendra Modi on 22 January 2015 under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be opened for daughters up to 10 years old. But the Indian government has given some relaxation in this age limit due to the lockdown imposed due to the coronavirus. According to this, if your daughter was 10 years old from 25 March 2020 to 30 June 2020 and you could not open her account due to the lockdown, then you have another chance. The government has given an opportunity for such people the to open an account by 31 July 2020.
The savings account is opened for daughters of the country under this scheme. This scheme is also called Sukanya Samriddhi Account. Under this scheme, the account of girls below 10 years of age can be opened by the post office, the national bank, and other agencies.
Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme New Update
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 is mainly a small savings scheme ie a small savings scheme that is operated from the post office. This scheme is very important for poor and middle-class people. Its special point is that in this, the interest is paid by the government at a good rate.
If any person deposits a maximum amount for his daughter every year in this scheme of the central government, then after 21 years, the daughter will get Rs 64 lakh. In Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme, only accounts of girls of 10 years or less can be opened. It can be deposited from a minimum of Rs 250 to a maximum of Rs 1 lakh annually. Parents have to deposit this amount for the entire 14 years.
Required Documents for the SSY 2023
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening Form
- Birth certificate of girl child
- Identity proof
- Proof of Residence
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Investment in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is exempt from income tax under Section 80C. It offers tax benefits under the triple tax exemption regime under the scheme. That is, principal, interest and outflow are all exempt from tax.
- Under this scheme, a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited during the current financial year.
- To meet the financial requirements of the account holder for the purpose of higher education and marriage, the account holder can avail partial withdrawal facility after attaining the age of 18 years.
- You can easily start this scheme in any bank or post office.
- Parents are allowed to open accounts under this scheme for only two girls.
Eligibility for Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme 2023
- The account can be opened by the natural or legal guardian for a girl child of age below 10 years.
- A depositor can open and operate only one account in the name of a girl child under the scheme rules.
- The natural or legal guardian of a girl child is allowed to open the account for two girl children only.
Key Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Maximum period up to which deposits can be made 15 years from the date of opening of the account.
- A girl child can operate her own account after the age of 18 years. Once she is 18 years old, she is eligible for operating the SSY after submitting all the necessary documents to the post office/bank where the account is being held.
- Tenure of the Deposit is 21 years from the date of opening of the account.
- As applicable under section 80C of the IT Act, 1961. In the latest Finance Bill, the scheme has been extended Triple exempt benefits i.e. there will be no tax on the amount invested, the amount earned as interest and amount withdrawn.
- Min.250 of initial deposit with multiple of one Fifty rupees thereafter with an annual ceiling of Rs.150000 in a financial year.
Also read this